Think you have what it takes to snag the title of “Black Blogger of the Year” away from Marc Polite’s Polite on Society blog? Does your audience hang on your every word? Do you know a blog that you can’t live without? If so, nominate your favorite Black Blogger right now.
Black Bloggers must be Black-owned blogs or be largely focused on Black culture. For example, a recent nomination for Growing Up Blackxican was accepted because the blog focuses on raising children whose father is African American. In that same note, Black Entertainment TV’s BET.com is also accepted because it is focused on Black culture, despite not being owned by Black people. So, please feel free to submit blogs that you think fit the criteria.
You may vote as often as you life, however, only one time per day. Bloggers may vote for themselves; however, winners are chosen by their peers and the public. Most votes wins. Send your votes to email@example.com until September 10, 2012.
- Any pages with dated entries that existed at some point during the year 2012 are eligible.
- E-mail addresses are required to vote. You must use your own address and confirm the verification e-mail.
- If you verify a second ballot using a separate email account, your first one will be replaced.
- In the nomination phase:
- URLs are required.
- Your ballot must contain at least two unique nominees.
- Blogs may be nominated for multiple categories.
- Nominees must suit the category they are placed in.
- Blogs may win a category over multiple years a maximum of five times.
- Nominees must be present at the ceremony to be included in the official video if they win their category; however, nominees who are not present will be sent their award.
Black Blog Awards Official Ceremony
Join us for the first ever BLACK BLOG AWARDS in Washington, DC on Friday, September 21, 2012 as part of the Black Press All Star Awards and Congressional Black Caucus weekend. REGISTRATION OPENS ON AUGUST 10, 2012
Nominees must be present at the ceremony to be included in the official video if they win their category; however, nominees who are not present will be sent their award.